Box is a cloud platform that helps you securely store, share and manage all your company’s files. Whether you need to secure confidential business information, to develop a custom mobile application or are trying to simplify paper-based office processes, Box can help you do more with your content.
Box.net provides online data storage, and collaboration. Cloud-storage service Box already beats the likes of Dropbox and SkyDrive by offering 10GB of free storage to anyone who signs up for a personal account. (Those two competitors give you just 2GB and 7GB, respectively.)
Simple, Secure Sharing
Box lets you quickly and easily work securely with anyone – even if they’re outside your firewall. Share large files, view and comment on any kind of document, and connect with co-workers – no matter what device they use.
- Quick and Easy File Sharing Stop sending insecure, large attachments via email. Instead, use customized Box shared links with passwords, expiration dates and restricted download access.
- Start Projects Fast Instantly create shared folders for projects of any size, and control what each person has access to. Manage co-owners, editors and view-only collaborators in a few clicks.
- Share Anywhere Create a secure link from anywhere – web, mobile or desktop – and instantly adjust the security of your files on any device.
Box makes it simple to securely share files and folders.
- Drag and Drop Files Drag files into a Box folder and quickly share a link with external suppliers, vendors and partners.
- Manage File Access Set permissions to limit document access with shared links, ranging from internal only, users in a folder, or open to everyone with the link.
- Share Externally Invite external parties to collaborate and contribute, no matter what phone or tablet they use.
- You can create workspaces on which you and your friends can collaborate.
- You can create up to 5 collaboration folders.
- You can easily share the files with your friends.
- Provides capability to create multiple layers of folders.
- You can search inside your documents.
The features provided by Box.Net for free service are pretty basic, and the space limit of 1GB for free accounts is too small. The more advanced features are limited to paid accounts. If you do not need advanced document collaboration, then you can try Windows Sky Live to get 25GB of online space, or use DropBox to keep your files synced and backed up, with up to 2GB of free online space.
You can try Box.net here.