How to Use DropBox – Video Tutorial
How to Use DropBox
- The entire process is incredibly quick and simple.
- Create an Account on www.DropBox.com
- Download and Install the DropBox software on your computer.
- Select a location for your DropBox folder. (I use the Desktop)
- Move the desired files/folders into your DropBox.
- Wait for blue arrow icons to stop spinning and turn into a green check icon.
- Move any desired files/folders from your other computer(s) into your DropBox.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 on all of your computers.
There is a free account which limits your DropBox capacity to 2 gigs. You can add more capacity incrementally with a paid account.
Sharing Files via DropBox:
You can share your DropBox with other DropBox users via your “shared” folder.
- Log in to your DropBox account on their site
- Click on the Share tab at the top of the page
- Give the share a name
- Enter the email addres(es) of the people you are sharing with
- Go back to your File Manager and drag files into the “share” folder
- The recipients will receive an email allowing them to access the the shared files
- You can delete the “share” when you want to stop sharing
This is very convenient if you’re working with a client or coordinating on a project with a colleague, client, or friend.